Topic: I'm shrugging my shoulders and sticking out my bottom lip.

Does "Other" for reasons why a score is not viewed as legit include, "I'm just a jerk"?

I'm saying this in a half-joking way, of course, but I've got 5 "Other" votes and the lowest legit rating I've ever had on one of my games.  I guess it would be nice to know what I'm not doing for people. 

When I voted a "no" on a game, I felt the list of choices for "why" was quite sufficient.

Posted by on 2017-02-01 16:07:01

@Buttons:

People are just jerks and trolls.  It's been going on for a long time on this site.

Posted by on 2017-02-01 17:13:12

@Buttons:

Agree with Dugger.  These unknown users are just trying to mess with you.

Posted by on 2017-02-01 22:35:38

Thanks for the support!  I won't take the negativity to heart.  I really enjoy this site and have a lot of fun playing games for it!

Posted by on 2017-02-02 03:02:53

Yeah, it comes and goes in waves, unfortunately.

Posted by on 2017-02-02 10:53:26

@Buttons:

What score is it on?

Posted by on 2017-02-08 06:09:39

@derek:

It was on my 2048 LoTR Edition, web.  I've had more positive votes, so it's not as negative now, and after I had seen those reasons, I posted my 2048 6x6 Board score, and it's been voted negatively, as well.

I really don't mind negative votes if the reasons make sense; I just don't know what an "Other" reason would be that would make sense in these cases--especially since the reason list is so comprehensive.

http://www.highscore.com/scores/Web/2048LoTREdition/55748

http://www.highscore.com/scores/Web/20486x6Board/56161

(I don't know if those will show up properly, but there they are from my end.)

Posted by on 2017-02-08 16:33:20

@Buttons:

Unfortunately there are people who are just being jackasses and will vote no on everything with no matter what you do.  The irony, considering I'll bet they don't have videos of scores themselves with showing their faces, people witnessing the event, etc./whatever they feel is the best evidence possible.

Posted by on 2017-02-09 10:40:06

@DarrylB: I know & agreed with you, man. They are just being hypocrites or those who don't know how to read like dummies as usual!
Posted by on 2017-02-09 18:57:29

I have NEVER had this many no votes.  I am getting the same amount of no votes on EVERYTHING!  This is really damaging this site.  Do you think that the "no trolls" are wanting this site to come to a halt?  This is not good.  I have fun. take pics, and post.  I vote (almost always yes), unless there is a good reason.  Most of the time I will post that I did not vote and why.  I give the person time to take down or fix.  This is the way it should be.  i do not know who operates this site, but there should be a way to kick a person that votes all no votes all the time.  Their should be some percentage taht a person must vote yes.  Thanks to all and keep having fun.

Sean

Posted by on 2017-07-25 11:38:28

@SeanStewart:

i do not know who operates this site, there should be a way to kick a person that votes all no votes all the time

This has been discussed many times before, but unfortunately site owner Serious is very laid back and doesn't do anything to the no voters (to the best of my knowledge).

I have fun. take pics, and post.

As the way it SHOULD be.  Unfortunately when I voted on several of your scores last night they tumbled from 100 to about 70 something percent today.  That's a load of crap.  Even though you don't have videos for pinball scores I doubt you would waste time putting up your business cards on scores and all and give you the benefit of a doubt.  You disappear from time to time probably because real life takes you away from here.  I don't feel like doing things time and again but right now it's a mix of that and the no votes that are keeping me from posting scores.

This is really damaging this site.

Yep; see last reason.

Posted by on 2017-07-25 13:10:16

Darryl,  thank you for your reply.  I discovered this site @ 9 months ago; it got me started playing my retro consoles again.  Yes, I have a career; I own my own business.  Sometimes I have used that card with my pics.  The last few years I pretty much stuck to pinball; I have started playing retro consoles again.  I save my pics when I play, then I post multiples at once.  while I am on here I vote.  I always vote for many more than I ever put up.  This site will die if people do not vote.  I am just amazed how a few people can really ruin a good thing going here.  Two firends of min and myself have leased a house and we are gaming in it.  We call it the House Of Games (or HOG for short).  I have our first tournamnet set up.  Retro console games, retro video games, and pinball.  Again, thank you very much for the reply and keep gaming!

Posted by on 2017-07-25 18:09:19

@SeanStewart:

The last few years I pretty much stuck to pinball; I have started playing retro consoles again. 

That's funny how that can come and go, you know?  Once the gaming craze hit its stride in the early 80s I pretty much quit pinball for video games.  I didn't get back into it until several years later.

Two firends of min and myself have leased a house and we are gaming in it.  We call it the House Of Games (or HOG for short). 

Hah, cool!

Again, thank you very much for the reply and keep gaming!

Definitely will, as I started gaming when I was 6 of 7 years old and don't plan on ever stopping :)

Posted by on 2017-07-26 12:24:20

It's bad that people are voting no for scores that are actually legit. Those idiots have targeted me now. Every score I have posted this week has at least one or two no votes saying they do not trust the submitter. But I do try my hardest to provide the correct evidence.

I know this isn't anything new as it has been an ongoing problem with this site. I think what the trolls want is to make people feel bad about their progress and stop uploading scores. 

So we all must be tolerant and continue to post our best scores. Don't feed the trolls.

Posted by on 2017-07-29 02:39:37

@JBoorman:

Same here! " I dont trust the submitter and I dont trust screenshots! but mine are pics from a camera not computer screenshots!" Also my scores suck! and still get no votes.. Its crazy.

Posted by on 2017-07-29 09:19:49

@JBoorman:

Those idiots have targeted me now. Every score I have posted this week has at least one or two no votes saying they do not trust the submitter.

That's not bad though, I think pretty much EVERYONE gets one or two no votes.  Lately people had been getting four or so.

Posted by on 2017-07-29 12:23:43

@darrin9999:

I know it is, but what's wrong with camera pics! They are better evidence than computer screenshots as they look more original in my opinion.

And don't worry, I have yes voted most of your scores so far.

Posted by on 2017-07-29 18:09:46

@DarrylB:

I see, well there is nothing to worry about yet, at least they are getting higher than 80%.

But four more no votes for legit scores! Unbelievable.

Posted by on 2017-07-29 18:27:28

it has been coming and going in waves.

All August the no trolls were more or less silent.

Now all of a sudden, starting this weekend, at least one no vote has been cast in every game I submitted despite crystal clear video on YouTube and photo w/ID Card like all the others I've seen have if it's a #1 score.

And for the same reason "Do not trust the voter, bad legit rating, etc"  which is ludicrous given that mine has been floating around 97-98% for about a year now.

Posted by on 2017-09-04 18:41:32

@MikeDietrich:

Unfortunately there will always be at least one no vote, especially in regards to MAME submissions (usually the strickest).

If you get several more though that would be a load of b. s.

Posted by on 2017-09-05 13:04:57