Topic: NEW SHMUP CONTESTS!! April 11 - June 26th 2016

How about some SHMUP contests??

The winner of each will receive a $25 gift certificate for eBay.com (US) or AtariAge.

Here are the games in each contest:

MAME games:

Amiga games:

Commodore 64 and VIC-20 games:

Track the rankings and progress on the contest page.

Posted by on 2016-04-11 20:23:53

I might have a go at some the MAME titles :)

Posted by on 2016-04-13 21:11:12

I'm playing Blaster

Twin Galaxies doesn't specify which option to choose at the start, only the machine settings.  We only have one chart for Blaster scores, so I think I'll just assume default means choose any option at the start.  If folks want to make a more specific chart for one certain option we can go from there I guess.  I really don't think it would make any difference other than [same score] plus a set amount of extra points.

Similar to Tetris & Dr. Mario default to start at any level, or even more similar, Tempest start ahead with a score boost.   one of those games where after you set the settings you want, the game still gives you options after putting your quarter in.

Posted by on 2016-04-18 20:09:29

for the MAME shmup, can we crack our own trophies?

Posted by on 2016-04-19 16:58:58

Blasteroids lets you choose a starting level, like Blaster does.  I'm assuming any of those are fair game, just like choosing any character would be legal in Final Fight or Parodius.  Level 3 of Blaster is the horrible vampires level, so starting on level 4 gets you past that :) 

Posted by on 2016-04-30 14:36:05

These shmup contests are a great idea!

Posted by on 2016-06-16 07:28:35

Congratulations to the winners!

• MAME Shoot'Em Up Worldwide Trophy Contest
    • Winner: Dumple
  • Amiga Shoot'Em Up Worldwide Trophy Contest
    • Winner: TheTrickster
  • Commodore 64/VIC-20 Shoot'Em Up Worldwide Trophy Contest
    • Winner: fredb999

?I will be contacting the winners via email this week to arrange delivery of the prizes.

Thanks to all who participated!

Posted by on 2016-06-27 00:14:31