Topic: New users and old

Hi all,

at this moment my recent scores have received 22 to 23 votes in 48 hours which is awesomeyes. When I've been voting in  the last week there seems to be several new users who have posted scores which is also great to see; So why do the new users seem to be greeted with NO votes from the community here? scores that there is nothing wrong with the evidence provided and are sitting below 50%?? This site will not grow at all if this trend continues and the more people who are active the better. If you long time users who are part of this think you are doing highscore good by this type of voting then you are dead wrong. What do you want, the same 20 to 30 people submitting scores forever? That will get old very quickly with me and most others so please, don't downvote because its a high score from a new user. 

That's all from me on this.

P.S.

I'd like to keep using the site but it's a little embarrassing to see this kind of behaviour

Posted by on 2017-11-16 18:07:15

yeah my Sega NINJA score needs a few more votes, so lets go people...

Posted by on 2017-11-16 19:29:15

Yep. Great site. Unique too as I've not seen another one with so many 8 bit computer stuff (genuine and emu). So I hope the progress Serious has promessed will happen soon.

(The top user tables are frozen for almost a month or is it only me?? Plus, I have some request dating back early 2017 (C16, VIC-20 & PS2). Can S.Baz or Serious process these asap so I can delete all those video files on my HD).

I only vote no when the evidence is not ok. For the rest, if they beat me, I don't care. I am not a super player after all :)

I just hate cheaters and that we can't remove scores which are obvisouly cheated scores. That should be possible. greetsss

Posted by on 2017-11-17 02:15:49

@GTibel:

Ditto, agree with everything thing you said. I messaged Serious a handful of times over the past month to see if we can get the user point totals recalculated (these totals are a month+ behind), but no reply, crickets. I have a feeling he's AWOL again.. bummer.

Posted by on 2017-11-26 08:33:14

@derek:

I really think users with low legit rating percentage should never be available here as they lost the ability to earn points.

Posted by on 2017-11-27 15:57:47

You can most certainly earn points, it goes either way.

If you come across a score from a new user who only has submitted one or two scores and said score is sitting at 50% because it has received one yes and one no vote do you no vote the score based solely on the 50% legit rating? Oh and also the fact that the new users legit rating will be low due to only 4 or 5 votes, is that how you vote?

Posted by on 2017-11-27 18:24:49

@ichigokurosaki1991:

Reply above is to you

Posted by on 2017-11-27 18:25:25

@derek:

Yes.

Posted by on 2017-11-28 01:51:14

@ichigokurosaki1991:

That seems like a very flawed way of voting. That doesn’t help the site grow at all, in fact it does the opposite. I get the no votes on games like Alan Torres was submitting scores on but I’ve seen plenty of believable scores with a photo only that where struggling due to that type of voting.

I think we should have the legit percentage on scores in voting hidden while the score is in voting, it can be made public after voting. That would avoid some of the idiotic copy cat no voting

Posted by on 2017-11-28 05:13:14

@derek:

Good Idea!

Posted by on 2017-11-28 14:51:50

@derek:

I agree.

Posted by on 2017-11-28 18:33:25

Great idea Derek. Me myself is being trolled again. Getting 3 no votes for pinball arcade scores with online scoreboard shown, and there is no way to cheat in those games.

Posted by on 2017-11-30 18:48:11

@Maxwel:

That’s a shame. Looks like it has got 4 no votes maybe? Mantalow has one no and maxgreat also has 3 or 4 no’s. 

It seems like that could be a fairly easy implementation to me; all though I know nothing about building websites though, lol. I think if we could keep that hidden throughout voting on both pages (the voting page and the leave a comment page while in voting) that would make people focus more on the evidence at hand other than how everyone else is voting. We have people who seem to focus on the legit ratings more than the actual evidence.

Posted by on 2017-11-30 19:19:58

Great idea Derek. Me myself is being trolled again. Getting 3 no votes for pinball arcade scores with online scoreboard shown, and there is no way to cheat in those games.

Posted by on 2017-12-01 06:18:10

@Maxwel:

I totally agree with you. Some players on this site have made a strange choice! The choice of closeness and "de l'entre soi", the choice of the purity of proof, the choice of the systematic deviation of the newcomer.
It is no longer a question of voting and giving one's opinion, but of systematically rejecting it.
I look forward to the day when we will be able to see the rate of vote no and yes votes given by players. This will clarify the debate and finally identify black sheep. I too am tired of seeing newcomers with rates at 33% while the score seems quite correct. I too am tired of seeing that systematically I have a no vote whether there is a video or not an INP or not. Now I'm tired of the newcomers being rejected and the old ones leaving.
I'm tired! But, maybe it's winter coming up?

Posted by on 2017-12-03 02:48:25

@Larquey:

Don't you think that if a user's voting habits were made visible. his future voting decisions would be made based on how favorable it would be with others rather than whether or not he believes the score?

Posted by on 2017-12-03 11:38:18

@gbpxl:

I believe that beyond 5% of the vote against, there is a desire to harm. I believe that a player who systematically votes no against the same player, there is a desire to harm. I believe that systematically demanding the purity of evidence, there is a desire to harm. I think that a player who systematically votes no against a new player without explaining the rules, there is a desire to harm.
I think when there's a desire to harm, it's the end of everything.

Posted by on 2017-12-03 12:23:53

@Larquey:

What percent of users would you say are trolls?

Posted by on 2017-12-03 16:49:06

@Larquey:

It can cause problems for new voters. The number of votes a user has cast should be displayed too. The number of vot4es each has is already visible in leagues so this is possible.

Posted by on 2017-12-04 17:04:05

@gbpxl:

gbpxl: Don't you think that if a user's voting habits were made visible. his future voting decisions would be made based on how favorable it would be with others rather than whether or not he believes the score? (qoute)

We seem to already have very similar voting decisions currently, read ichigo's comments above; he doesn't seem to be only one who votes like that either.

Hiding the scores legit% while in voting seems like it might make some voters focus on evidence more than how others have voted. Another idea would be to make the number votes a score has received visible for all to see while in voting, 20 of 25 votes. These to me seem like more subtle changes and are worth a try (I lean towards hiding  legit% in voting), if they don't work then go back to the current format, regroup for a month or so then maybe try a more drastic change, such as transparent voting or making no votes go to admins if they are more than 5 on a score. Admins could make the final decision on weather a score should be on the charts(at 80% legit rating). Reasons for no votes would have to be simplified with the admin final say route- I vote no needs further review  (a reason explained here)  and then X amount of admins must agree to a decision

Posted by on 2017-12-06 18:33:22

@derek:

And who will check the admins scores ?

Posted by on 2017-12-07 15:09:22

@Maxwel:

The admins themselves and seriuos. The line of command has to stop somewhere and Seriuos is at the end of it all :)

Posted by on 2017-12-07 15:20:06

-Serious

Posted by on 2017-12-07 15:20:55