Topic: recording issue

i cant seem to record my games. The problem is the screen recorders work but as soon as i start up mame is when the screen is black in the recording. Ive tried 3 different recorders, ffsplit,xsplit and another and they all do the samething.

Posted by on 2015-10-04 16:12:09

@Event: It should help if you record in a window, instead of full screen.
Posted by on 2015-10-07 05:16:21

@Event:

And sometimes those recorders don't like scanlines etc.

Posted by on 2015-10-07 14:23:11

thx guys, im playing in windowed,runs pretty good that way

Posted by on 2015-10-08 20:46:16

@Event:

Great :-)

Remember to save it to an INP while playing, in case something goes wrong with the Video recording smiley

Posted by on 2015-10-09 13:47:28

Alot of screen capture programs don't like full screen and wont see it; FFsplit works great for me while recording MAME in fullscreen, but some emulators like Kega fusion, it records in full screen but the video is reduced to a 1/4 corner of the screen. 

I actually found FFsplit because you had mentioned you used it and it was free so I gave it a try and it works great(for MAME anyways). It doesnt do as good for me with TG16 emu or Genesis, it makes them slow while recording, specially TG16. Which is kinda weird because my computer has enough balls to record AVI while playinglaugh

I use Atube catcher and debut video capture for screen capping other emulators besides MAME. Debut screen capture, when you install it claims to be free which it isn't, its a trial version; the keys have been leaked on the interweb and i think I might have them somewhere ;)

Posted by on 2015-11-14 23:18:07