Topic: Why get worked up over downvotes?

Just wondering why some of you let the one or two downvoters get you so riled up. It only takes 80% to get your vote legitimized so one or two trolls who mass downvote doesn't ultimately affect the rankings. 

The only benefit they get is knowing you get riled up over a single no vote, which, in their minds, makes the extra step of explaining why they wish to vote no worthwhile to them. 

Posted by on 2016-10-23 22:51:09

@iamthefallen1:

Hey Fallen, For what I think about NO-Voters, they're just voting NO to prove that they are nothing but a bunch of haters and the distrusting.  I vote YES on your scores as I would never troll you by downvoting.  I always vote towards you, pal!  We need to make voting accountable!!  They're just voting NO for a reason why, they think HighScore sucks and wants to destroy it!!  It's a threat to Serious and his own site!!  This is getting ridiculous, I'm really fed up with all this unneccessary downvotes and constantly abusing our User Legit Rating Percentage!!  This is unacceptable!!  Don't worry, Fallen!  I'm with you!!  That is absolutely discriminating against!!

Posted by on 2016-10-25 03:00:22

Personally, I don't get riled up over the one or two downvoters since it doesn't ultimately impact gaining acceptance from the votes. (For what it is worth, I tend to mass upvote the veterans here.) 

At any rate, if they are actual trolls and not some spambot, then they their jollies by making you mad. It is sad that folks want to be this way but unfortunately, trolls are verywhere. 

Posted by on 2016-10-25 22:27:30

@iamthefallen1:

They're just trying to be jealous at us because of our Highest Legit Rating Percentage.

Posted by on 2016-10-26 01:00:11

@iamthefallen1:

Isn't it possible to weed them out or we just wait for the admisitrator?

Posted by on 2016-11-06 23:22:00

I'd love for those trolls to explain why they're voting no, actually. If they could take the extra step, that's be great, because then I could see that they're probably wrong instead of hiding behind an anonymous sumission field.

Posted by on 2016-11-17 15:21:54

@exosilver: I know, bro!! This is REALLY bothersome!!
Posted by on 2016-12-17 10:06:47

@exosilver:

Well, it wouldn't be trolling if they explained why they voted no. 

Posted by on 2016-12-18 22:01:34

@iamthefallen1:

I know, dude!  I'm tired of getting 1-2 no votes per submission with "I don't trust this user due to past actions, legit rating, or reputation." from those cowards that has problems with me!!  They really need to be removed permanently!!

Posted by on 2016-12-19 21:56:37