Topic: Why get worked up over downvotes?

Just wondering why some of you let the one or two downvoters get you so riled up. It only takes 80% to get your vote legitimized so one or two trolls who mass downvote doesn't ultimately affect the rankings. 

The only benefit they get is knowing you get riled up over a single no vote, which, in their minds, makes the extra step of explaining why they wish to vote no worthwhile to them. 

Posted by on 2016-10-23 22:51:09

@iamthefallen1:

Hey Fallen, For what I think about NO-Voters, they're just voting NO to prove that they are nothing but a bunch of haters and the distrusting.  I vote YES on your scores as I would never troll you by downvoting.  I always vote towards you, pal!  We need to make voting accountable!!  They're just voting NO for a reason why, they think HighScore sucks and wants to destroy it!!  It's a threat to Serious and his own site!!  This is getting ridiculous, I'm really fed up with all this unneccessary downvotes and constantly abusing our User Legit Rating Percentage!!  This is unacceptable!!  Don't worry, Fallen!  I'm with you!!  That is absolutely discriminating against!!

Posted by on 2016-10-25 03:00:22

Personally, I don't get riled up over the one or two downvoters since it doesn't ultimately impact gaining acceptance from the votes. (For what it is worth, I tend to mass upvote the veterans here.) 

At any rate, if they are actual trolls and not some spambot, then they their jollies by making you mad. It is sad that folks want to be this way but unfortunately, trolls are verywhere. 

Posted by on 2016-10-25 22:27:30

@iamthefallen1:

They're just trying to be jealous at us because of our Highest Legit Rating Percentage.

Posted by on 2016-10-26 01:00:11

@iamthefallen1:

Isn't it possible to weed them out or we just wait for the admisitrator?

Posted by on 2016-11-06 23:22:00

I'd love for those trolls to explain why they're voting no, actually. If they could take the extra step, that's be great, because then I could see that they're probably wrong instead of hiding behind an anonymous sumission field.

Posted by on 2016-11-17 15:21:54

@exosilver: I know, bro!! This is REALLY bothersome!!
Posted by on 2016-12-17 10:06:47

@exosilver:

Well, it wouldn't be trolling if they explained why they voted no. 

Posted by on 2016-12-18 22:01:34

@iamthefallen1:

I know, dude!  I'm tired of getting 1-2 no votes per submission with "I don't trust this user due to past actions, legit rating, or reputation." from those cowards that has problems with me!!  They really need to be removed permanently!!

Posted by on 2016-12-19 21:56:37

@ichigokurosaki1991:

it tapered off for a while but now they're back with a vengenance it seems..

Even the reason they give for me (usually don't trust user due to past actions, blah blah ) is total bullcrap.

Posted by on 2018-01-07 14:49:17

@MikeDietrich: 100% totally agree with you, Mike!!
Posted by on 2018-01-07 16:52:32

For the Ttoll ... If you are very angry with the players because your posts do not pass. do not be vengeful. We are not to blame for your past Actions. go to another site to post the scores. be happy in another place. cheat elsewhere. here no longer
Posted by on 2018-01-08 22:06:06

@iamthefallen1:

For me maybe I can see some have the expectation of 100% because they know they aren't a cheater, people know them, they have a long time reputation so that could be part of it. 

The person who did the score could just be used to having a good reputation. Maybe worried that if a new user comes along, they could look at the rating like maybe the person was known at one time to be doing something suspicious, I can also see that being part of it.

My Section Z score I can see a no vote being completely legit. Even though no reason was left, maybe the person felt like they couldn't be open about it and still give their honest vote. Some just don't like confrontation, and perhaps that feels like it for them.

I have another score that moments after it posted got an other no vote right away. In that video, I couldn't see a reason myself like I could for Section Z (Believe me, that recording worried me) but the person could have had a reason. I won't know.

Then there are people who will revenge vote. Maybe they get a lot of no votes, because they are picture only or not well known, and maybe they know their score was real. So it could really upset them they are being accused unfairly, flip out a little and do the only thing they can to get back.

Or someone took out their number one spot, and will do anything to defend it. Conflicts of interest like that are open to happen, as you can vote on competing scores. Some people get really upset about that kinda thing.

The biggest thing I think that gets to people is the whole trolling thing. If it was either of the above two situations then it's not trolling. If it's a random person just doing it for a kicks, maybe it's a good way for them to have a laugh. So some, knowing that this kinda person would exist, they see these bizzare reasons or none at all to no vote their scores, the possiblity of trolling can always exist in the backs of their minds.

There is another score site that has no voting. I forget which one it is, scores are automatically accepted. So I wouldn't use that. Voting is what it is, nobody should feel like they are doing something wrong by disagreeing and saying no. Same as they should not be expected to vote yes on every single score. Because in that case the voting is pointless. 

Even if it's a well known member, I won't automatically spam the yes it's legit button laugh I'll watch ever second of whatever they have, many times repeating the same spot to look for anything out of place. So if I vote yes and I tell you about it, it should feel good. Because I took it really searously ^_^ high scores are a way of life!

Anyway, those a few thoughts on a few sides of the situation. 

Posted by on 2018-01-11 16:32:10

@KMP:

I have another score that moments after it posted got an other no vote right away. In that video, I couldn't see a reason myself like I could for Section Z (Believe me, that recording worried me) but the person could have had a reason. I won't know.

It's doubtful, as there have been several times on here that someone posted "I put up a video to ____ (game) and I immediately got a no vote, which, being ____ minutes long, there is no way that person had time to watch the video without voting".  No votes like that should be removed.

If it was either of the above two situations then it's not trolling. If it's a random person just doing it for a kicks, maybe it's a good way for them to have a laugh. So some, knowing that this kinda person would exist, they see these bizzare reasons or none at all to no vote their scores,

There's that, where some people here and there are several capacitors short of a board, if you know what I mean cheeky

For example (not in regards to voting, but my point nonetheless), a while back we had someone on here who would repeatedly reply to someone's posts on these boards with, no matter what they said, a picture of a cat in a litterbox.  They kept on doing this with no matter what was said.  It might not seem too bad reading this now without you being here, but when you have like half a dozen people saying "why do you keep on posting that picture?" then it's just getting abusive.  That person either left or they were banned from here, not sure which.

Posted by on 2018-01-12 17:38:10