Tennis: Level 5 [Games Won] (NES/Famicom Emulated)

Score: 26
World Ranking: Waiting for votes
Scored By: rowcom
Legit? (100%)
rowcom avatar
Comments

Playing stupid WORLD TENNIS messed me up at the beginning lol

It’s been well over 15 years since I’ve played this game on an NES or even emulated.

I don’t consider this NES title to be much of a high score based game. It’s actually terrible for it compared to its arcade counterpart but I’ll bite since there have been multiple attempts from JES and omargeddon.

Here are some tips:

- Serve from center court. It sets you up in an advantageous position for a smash at the net and gives you a favorable court position.

- Try to hit a long shot B to top right of the court. The computer likes to go cross court and set you up for a smash to the left. Positioning yourself center top left half of the court will give you time to run right if needed also.

Poopy ascii diagram below for CPU top right court position:

CPU

]--------------------------[

YOU

- Never hit the ball with A if the computer charges the net and you’re at the back of the court. Hit the ball with B and force him back court so you can setup another smash.

- Don’t button mash. Time your hits. This is not a shmup

Thanks

-- Posted by rowcom on 2017-12-04 22:13:22   Reply
@rowcom: Damn row!!! You've got this game all figured out.
-- Posted by JES on 2017-12-04 23:34:20   Reply
@JES:

The AI can be manipulated like most old games. study it's tendencies and adapt. That's a main goal of getting high scores. 

-- Posted by rowcom on 2017-12-04 23:48:44   Reply
@rowcom:

You do realize you're speaking to a gamer with 117 World Records right?

How are you at Galaga?

cheeky

-- Posted by JES on 2017-12-05 02:09:09   Reply
Jesus!!! Holy Crow!!!... Nice Score Dude!!!! Well done
-- Posted by omargeddon on 2017-12-05 06:18:49   Reply
@JES:

Talent and knowledge are two different things. I didn't mean to be disrespectful.

The score I submitted for Galaga was my first play of NES Galaga. I’ve tried three more times but none of the scores broke 100,000 points. I’d have to sit down for a little while before I’m comfortable with all the patterns. Galaga is the type of game that the more you see as you get farther the more you’re able to adapt. Once you know what’s coming its execution and the ability to scramble out of tough spots if necessary. I’ll go back to it at some point.

-- Posted by rowcom on 2017-12-05 12:42:23   Reply
@rowcom:

You know I'm only kidding around row.

Just some friendly trash talk between players, that's all

laugh

-- Posted by JES on 2017-12-05 13:54:57   Reply
@JES:

It's all goodyes

-- Posted by rowcom on 2017-12-05 14:10:34   Reply
@rowcom:

yes

-- Posted by JES on 2017-12-05 14:20:48   Reply