Score: 999,990
World Ranking: 1
Scored By: TheGalagaKing (SMK)
92% Legit
TheGalagaKing avatar
Comments

Finally! After multiple failed attempts to capture my entire game from start to finish, I finally was able to get my game on video, thanks to a friend who had to come with me in order to record my game while I played (notice how far back he's sitting, otherwise he wouldn't be able to get the whole screen including me in the video). In this video, you will clearly see that there was one(1) swipe of my play card and NO continues used. In fact, in order to continue, I would have had to died and lost all my men, which I clearly didn't. I think I had like 8 or 10 men left over when I reached the maxed out score of 999,990. Note: Pay close attention to the score once it hits 999,990. You'll notice I finished the stage I was on and then even went one more stage and completed the challenging stage to show that Namco decided for whatever reason, to not allow the score counter to continue counting past this mark. So after hours scouring the internet looking for high scores on this game and only finding one posted by a player who clearly mentioned he used continues, I can claim that I have the 1st perfect score on this version of Galaga, until other evidence surfaces. :)

-- Posted by TheGalagaKing on 2017-10-27 00:44:51   Reply

WOW ..Absolutely Amazing x2yesyes

-- Posted by Ivanstorm1973 on 2017-10-27 17:06:19   Reply
@Ivanstorm1973:

Thanks a million! (no pun intended). :)

-- Posted by TheGalagaKing on 2017-10-27 23:05:33   Reply
@TheGalagaKing:

if i ever see "smk" on a galaga machine, i will slowly back away.

-- Posted by TK421 on 2017-10-31 21:51:18   Reply
Great man. Natural talent. Guess arcade owners don't like seeing you come in their palace. Don't earn a lot:)
-- Posted by GTibel on 2017-11-01 03:01:28   Reply
@GTibel:

Funny you should say that. For that exact reason, I usually only play to stage 100 and then kill my game off. I didn't want to press my luck with me recording a full game (they already told me once that I couldn't record any games in their venue. Yea, a really crappy policy). By a million, I'm usually on or around stage 78. I play to 100 because by the time I reach a million, I usually have an audience and figured not to many spectators have ever seen Galaga being "flipped", let alone stage 100. Every once in a while, I'll kill-screen it (stage 255, but the game does allow you to continue to stage 0 and then 1 again). Score still doesn't move, but stage counter does. I love stage 249. It's when the stage counter is at it's widest and will actually cover the last 3.5 of my men! :)

-- Posted by TheGalagaKing on 2017-11-02 23:12:18   Reply