Topic: Game Boy scores and Negative Votes

For a few of my Game Boy scores specifically, one or two people have given me "no" votes, one being "other", and the others being "I don't trust the submitter due to past actions, reputation, or their legit rating" and "Submitter might have used saves, passwords/codes, cheats/trainers, continues, tampering, etc."

To whoever went out of their way to imply this of me... I beg your pardon? What about my scores and evidence are so indicative of tampering and cheating? Yes, I use a Super Game Boy to play Game Boy games sometimes, but what is so inherently wrong with that that it warrants "no" votes on these Game Boy entries specifically? I'm not goddamned cheating!

Fuck you, whoever you are.

Posted by on 2016-11-17 15:13:28

I've posted dozens and dozens of scores here, all with unianimous approval, but only now that I've been playing a few GB games on my SNES do these two individuals take issue. Is it due to the supposed "timing issues" of the SGB? What is it? Please, come clean and tell me. I don't take kindly to someone semi-publicly not trusting me and not giving me the goddamned decency of knowing why.

Posted by on 2016-11-17 15:17:25

I know that it's foolish to care about a few no votes when I (currently) have a 99% rating overall, but the fact that someone went out of their way to say "yeah, that guy is cheating, I don't trust him" without opening up a conversation about it is hurtful.

Posted by on 2016-11-17 15:32:15

@exosilver:

This isn't the first time shit happens, man!!  I feel really very special about this!  Same thing here, I got 2 NO votes on every game/pinball title with "I don't trust this submitter due to past actions, reputation, or legit rating."!!  This is ruining and draining our reputation percentage!!

Posted by on 2016-11-18 01:18:32

@exosilver:

Those are spamming NO votes from outta nowhere!!

Posted by on 2016-11-18 01:21:02

@ichigokurosaki1991:

Could be spammers are in the GameBoy area now.  It seems to come in waves.

Posted by on 2016-11-18 10:33:55

@DarrylB: We really need to get rid of them as soon as possible!!
Posted by on 2016-11-18 11:08:37

I'm not going to stop submitting Game Boy scores, it's just a shitty thing that I've noticed.

Posted by on 2016-11-19 12:05:04

Game boy scores have been getting a lot of no votes in the last three months. I had a few that passed at 80% only

Posted by on 2016-11-22 16:16:11

@exosilver:

Well said man. I feel thesame way about these trolls angry

Posted by on 2016-11-22 23:32:51

@JES: I feel the same way either, and I feel strict about it.
Posted by on 2016-11-23 18:54:24

I totally feel for you. The Game Boy and Atari 7800 are my most played systems and ever since I started participating here there has been some jackalope voting no with the reason of "Other" on almost every single score I've submitted. It would be nice if the moderation staff had the ability to view who voted for what so they could just ban the users that spam no votes without a legitimate reason.

Posted by on 2017-01-03 08:20:05

I've noticed this happening to my 2600 scores more frequently as of late, but at the end of the day I know my scores are legit and that's good enough for me.
Posted by on 2017-01-03 12:20:35

@Jin:

I would like that, too, Jin!!  And those who voted NO and  "I don't trust this submitter due to past actions, reputation, or legit rating." on my latest submissions need to be extracted from this site!!  That is haven for a coward-like behavior and there no need for that nonsense!!  I TOTALLY agree with you, Jin!!

Posted by on 2017-01-03 22:49:34