Topic: Trophy cracking totals

Hi everyone,

A member brought it to my attention recently that the current trophy cracking contest totals were higher than they should have been.

I looked into the issue, and confirmed that this was a problem. What was happening is cracked National, State, and City trophies were being included in the count. This should not have been the case, as the contest description stated that cracking the most "Worldwide" trophies was the goal.

I have corrected this problem.

I took a look at the rankings after I made this correction, and it has not substantially affected the rankings. If you disagree with me, please let me know.

Note that this problem was specific to current trophy cracking contests, not the other contests were just accumulation of worldwide trophies is the goal.

In the process of fixing this problem, I have added an enhancement to the contest page. You can click on the cracked trophy total for a specific user, and it will show all trophies that the user has cracked in that contest (in the specific categories and date range that the contest covers). This will make it possible for any of you to manually verify any user's standings within the contest. 

I sincerely apologize for this issue and any confusion it may have caused.

Posted by on 2015-03-29 18:35:05

Very nice, would be nice to have that feature in all contests :-)
Posted by on 2015-03-31 10:08:16

@Frankie:

I plan on adding it.

smiley

Posted by on 2015-04-07 22:22:06

@Serious: Nice :-)
Posted by on 2015-04-07 23:21:58