Topic: Vote requirement

I've had scores sitting in queue to be voted on for a few months now.

There just isn't enough voters.

Why don't we start something up, like, required to vote 10 times before submitting a new score.

This will keep the votes coming.

Posted by on 2017-02-20 12:02:24

@keilbaca:

I'd be happy with that.

I've gotten way behind on voting myself, doing a little catching up today  :)

Posted by on 2017-02-21 17:37:32

I try to vote as often as possible.  I just had a score voted legit after 2 months.  I'm curious, when you vote do you only vote for systems you play, or are familiar with?  I'm guilty of that myself, but I was wondering what other's voting habits were.

Posted by on 2017-02-23 08:17:05

I hit the big button on the bottom that says, vote for anything.

I check in daily, so the queue doesn't get large.

Posted by on 2017-02-23 10:16:38

@Pjsteele:

I'm curious, when you vote do you only vote for systems you play, or are familiar with?  I'm guilty of that myself, but I was wondering what other's voting habits were.

Personally it's mostly stuff I'm familiar with, but things like scores on actual pinball machines I figure people wouldn't fake those so I vote for them.

Scores with videos on something unfamiliar I'll usually vote on as long as there's not a lot of no votes, like if there's something suspicious about the video.

Occasionally I'll vote for a handheld game I'm not familiar with in the same manner as pinball games: I figure those aren't faked for the most part.

Posted by on 2017-02-23 10:32:06

@S.BAZ: We need more users here!!
Posted by on 2017-02-25 03:53:10

@DarrylB:

Generally, I look to see if there is a video. If the video plays out without obvious cheats, then I vote yes.

Posted by on 2017-02-28 08:13:22

@Pjsteele:

I will first vote on systems that I know the most about because i feel I can judge a lot easier if it is legit.  When I post a score i will usually put a blurb about it to tell others that I played it and that i understand the game.  I do venture out and vote on other things when I have the time.  i understand how important it is to have things voted on here.

Posted by on 2017-08-04 19:30:00

@keilbaca:

yes

Posted by on 2017-09-15 13:51:45